Saturday, December 7, 2013

First Snow of the Season

I wonder if I'll ever get tired of the snow - it is so beautiful and peaceful. I guess it muffles everything, so it really is so quiet. Well, until my daughters go out sledding in it, screaming bloody murder across our back yard/down the hill.

As of November 23rd, we've been in NH for 1 year. It's been a good year, overall. Lots of adjustments, as one would expect.

There were several days during the summer that it got up into the 90's and I thought I was going to die - our house has no central air - just window units (which is fairly common up here). I told hubs that if the weather keeps getting warmer and warmer, we're moving to the Arctic Circle - I just can't take it. In the end, I think it was only miserably hot/sticky for less than a dozen days total, so we're still here.

Once school started and the warm weather ended, the days got short and dark and we're not even to the Winter Equinox yet - that was new. Last year when we moved here, I guess I had my rose-colored glasses on and I didn't notice. I DO remember in the thick of winter it gets pitch dark around 4:15 - really weird. Time to start taking up my knitting again, to make use of all the indoor time!

No comments:

Post a Comment